[ newest at the top ]
• Sept. 2021 : Currently beta-testing an 'auto-translation' engine.
As always with auto-translation, it's a very long way from being perfect . . . but could be of help in attractiing a wider global audience . . .
• July 2021 : A milestone of 700 unknown articles has been reached.
• May 2021 : A milestone of 650 unknown articles has been reached.
• Mar. 2021 : Many thanks to the The British Library, which has now begun permanently archiving the contents of Wikenigma.
• Jan. 2021 : A milestone of 600 unknown articles has been reached.
• Oct. 2020 : A milestone of 500 unknown articles has been reached.
• Aug. 2020 : Currently (beta) testing the new 'WYSIWYG' (What You See Is What You Get) page editor. It greatly simplifies the editing process, avoiding the need to learn the Wiki syntax. (Note: it's currently not 100% stable)
• Aug 2020 : A milestone of 400 unknown articles has been reached.
• Aug 2020 : There are credible rumours of a 'WYSIWYG' (What You See Is What You Get) editing system to help make it easier to create and edit pages without having to use the (quite eccentric) 'Wiki' syntax code. The plugin isn't quite stable enough for general use yet. But when it is, it should make editing pages much more straightforward.
• July 2020 : the core software has been updated - hopefully faster and more stable.
• Apr 2019, there are now around 260 articles.
+ Many thanks to 'No Such Thing as a Fish' and 'QI' who recently tweeted about the site ! The response was so strong the site had to get a server upgrade !
• As of June 2017, there are now around 220 articles detailing real-world, fully documented observations and phenomena which no-one, anywhere, has yet been able to explain. Thanks to our contributors and supporters.
• As of April 2017, there are now around 170 articles detailing items which are as yet unknown to humanity. Thanks to our contributors and supporters.
• March 2017 . . . now out of beta.
• 6th Sep 2016. Moved server to wikenigma.org.uk - and now in beta version.
• Alpha launch nearing
Ideas for new topics, and suggested additions / corrections for old ones, are always welcome.
If you have skills or interests in a particular field, and have suggestions for Wikenigma, get in touch !
Or, if you'd like to become a regular contributor . . . request a login password. Registered users can edit the entire content of the site, and also create new pages.
( The 'Notes for contributors' section in the main menu has further information and guidelines etc.)
You are currently viewing an auto-translated version of Wikenigma
Please be aware that no automatic translation engines are 100% accurate, and so the auto-translated content will very probably feature errors and omissions.
Nevertheless, Wikenigma hopes that the translated content will help to attract a wider global audience.